For over 65 years, the Tempo Club has provided much needed financial and volunteer help to the youth performers in the Fairfield City School District. All families of music students in Grades 7-12 are automatically members of the Tempo Club.
Each year, we ask the members of the Tempo Club to support the group in the following ways:
• Participate in the annual Calendar Day. Each September, the students in the Fairfield Music programs are required to participate in Calendar Day, a fundraising effort where we go door to door giving the community members a calendar of musical events for the year, and requesting donations. Parents help by driving the students, helping at the High School, and providing drinks, hot dogs and chips for lunch. This day provides a large percentage of our funds for the year and we need everyone's participation to have a successful event.
• Volunteer at the Concession Stand. At each of the football games, a different group provides volunteers to work at the Tempo Club concession stand. One evening of your time helps us sell lots of pizza, hamburgers and drinks and get closer to our overall goals for the year.
• Fundraisers or Buyout. We also request that the families select one of the two following options for supporting the Tempo Club and the music departments:
Option 1: An annual, Tax Deductible donation of $60 for your first student musician and $30 for each additional student musician in your family. With this payment, families can opt out of further Tempo Club fundraising during the school year. Download the Buyout Form.
Option 2: Participation in our traditional fundraisers during the year, including:
- Fall Cookie/Pretzel/Pizza sale
- Fall Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- Holiday Poinsettia sale
- (Additional fundraisers may be required during the year, depending on funds raised)
There are many other volunteer opportunities throughout the year, both for the Tempo Club and for the individual groups, and we hope that you'll consider helping out. To meet our financial goals, we do need everyone's participation in one of the two options above. Many people would prefer to just write a check and not have to deal with the individual fundraisers, so we make that option available. If you choose not to do that, please participate in the fundraisers as these come home with your student.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 11 August 2013 22:08|